Additional safety for pedestrian crossings
A half of pedestrian traffic accidents take place in dark or poor visibility conditions, and almost a half take place at pedestrian crossings. The first in the world entirely illuminated intelligent traffic sign is the new Cyclope Sign. Cyclope Sign illuminates the pedestrian crossing sign in a natural way, from inside the sign. The blinking pedestrian crossing sign draws drivers’ attention to people moving at the pedestrian crossing area.
What is Cyclope® Sign
Cyclope Sign is a battery powered, illuminated membrane reflector sign for a pedestrian crossing. Operating with a twilight switch and sensors, the sign illuminates when a pedestrian or bicyclist is about to enter the pedestrian crossing area. In day time the sign works as a normal two-sided reflecting traffic sign of a pedestrian crossing.
To cities and municipalities
• A cost-effective way to improve the safety of pedestrian crossings
• Flexible and easy to install
• Service-free, only a change of battery needed once a year
• Durable and protected from vandalism
For pedestrians and bicyclists
• Makes it safer and easier to cross a pedestrian crossing
• Warns in a natural way about people at a pedestrian crossing
• Multiple visibility compared to a normal sign
• Enables fluent traffic, activates only when needed